Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where can I get a job offshore on an oil rig?

Hi, I'm from London and don't know where to go for information on working offshore on an oil rig. I love any advice or info anyone may have...ThanksWhere can I get a job offshore on an oil rig?
Hi i have worked offshore in the north sea for 7 years and alot of the companies prefer you to have offshore experience. You need a survival certificate (拢500) and a medical certificate (拢80) and they must be UKOOA (United Kingdom Offshore Operators Association) approved.


I don't know what your background is but here is a website that will give you an idea of the jobs on offer


http://www.oilcareers.comWhere can I get a job offshore on an oil rig?
You will need to have an offshore survival certificate first. You can get one of these after attending a training course at one of several centres across the UK. The course costs about 500 quid for the basic 5 day course. After that you need to find a company who is hiring for your skills range. If you have no skills then you will need to start as a labourer or roustabout and this is very hard work but can lead to promotion to roughneck etc. Have a look at www.oilandgasjobsearch.com
Yes you have to the training first. I think you have to go far.


You can get a job in calgary canada.





I know thats far.








Take Care,


incomestorm


http://3in7s.ws


-


-
You can actually search on the net for oil drilling companies like Petronas (Malaysia), Russia..(drat I forgot the company's name), Shell Petroleum etc and just ask if they have any job opps.

No comments:

Post a Comment