Saturday, December 26, 2009

If i where to get a job working offshore on a oil rig 28 on 28 off, and later they ask?

me to go to another country to work, would they fly me back to the USA for my 28 days off or would they tell me to just live within the border of the country next to the offshore oil rig, it may seam like a stupid question but some people do have familys, what do you think would take place, i would like to here from someone who is now working or has worked on a offshore platform, thanks so much for your time.If i where to get a job working offshore on a oil rig 28 on 28 off, and later they ask?
I have worked offshore for 25 years+ If you work 28 and 28, the drilling company who owns the rigs will fly you back and forth to at least a common pickup point your country of origin. People with higher ranking jobs like rig superintendents usually are taken all the way to their front door and then picked up with they have to go back to work..If i where to get a job working offshore on a oil rig 28 on 28 off, and later they ask?
I've just been offered a job with an oil exploration company on a seismic vessel. For this particular company, travel time is considered part of your working time. Generally, about one week of the five will be spent traveling. I guess it depends on the company's policy. Good luck to you. Report Abuse

I'm a geologist and I know plenty of people that have been allowed to travel back and forth from country to country between time on and off. Depending on the company they may pay both ways, one way, or nothing. I would try to negotiate for traveling costs, likely you would be able to be re-imbursed for part, if not all of your travel costs.
Most rig companies will pay for the trip. Offshore rigging is an arduos job, and too long on a platform can be difficult.Besides,they usually like to keep their guys happy.
As I have know people that have worked on rigs, you can ask for about anything-sometimes they agree and sometime they refuse. Most nations do not allow someone to stay for over 30 days without leaving for a short period.

No comments:

Post a Comment