Thursday, January 7, 2010

Anyone else married/partnered to a rigpig (offshore oil rig)

Just wondering if anyone else is married to someone working offshore?


Im often asked how I cope and told that it must be hard with him spending so much time away!


I cope just fine and I dont mind that he spends so much time away! Sure he misses out on some things but I look at the positive which is he has more time at home! (My husband is on a 4/4 rotation), I also enjoy the time to myself!





Do you find it hard? Do you hate that he is away so much? Or is it the opposite? What are your thoughts? (how do you cope if you find it hard?) etcAnyone else married/partnered to a rigpig (offshore oil rig)
mine was away at the mines, at first it was really hard, after a while you get used to it, might not like it but it does have its benefits apart from pay, whole bed and tv to your self, if we feel like toast for tea, we have it, etc, mines just come home to work and now trying to all get in a routine of having him home, l enjoy the space also but theres times when you need some support or just a hug and they are so far awayAnyone else married/partnered to a rigpig (offshore oil rig)
My hubby is a Diamond Driller (technical term - he mines gold in one mine and nickel in another). We lived apart for the first 3 years and I was fine with that. I enjoyed the time to myself and used to see friends heaps and go to the gym etc so I was never lonely. We missed each other but it made our time together more special. His roster is 2/1. We moved up to the mining town 18mths ago and its good all being together again as he missed the kids (and me) too much in the end. We still dont really see him that much during his two weeks on as he does 12 hour days and is gone in the morning when we get up and gets home as the kids are going to bed and when he is on night shift he is asleep all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment